Definition of oversimplify in English:
verb (oversimplifies, oversimplifying, oversimplified)[with object] (often as adjective oversimplified)
Simplify (something) so much that a distorted impression of it is given: a false and oversimplified view of human personality
More example sentences
- But arguing about theories of isolationism versus interventionism is to me a bit too reminiscent of Leftist devotion to oversimplified theories.
- This desire for social engineering shows that the Treasury has a caricatured and oversimplified idea of the world outside, as one would expect from people widely insulated from real life.
- We oversimplified his argument in last week's report and incorrectly suggested he wanted the funding for the recreation centre, and apologise.
- Example sentences
- Unfortunately, the essay is also brimming with oversimplifications, empty vitriol and overstated positions - the very things he criticizes Christian Nation advocates for.
- Those portraits were drastic oversimplifications of complex human beings, and they were formulated by taking a couple of anecdotes of questionable accuracy and then spinning them for additional impact.
- In short, many progressive educational assertions that have attained the status of unquestioned fact by being repeated constantly are huge oversimplifications.
Definition of oversimplify in:
- British & World English dictionary