- A stitch made over an edge or over another stitch.More example sentences
- Finish the edges of the mat, using an overstitch.
- In standard duvets and pillows the fabric may be stitched together on the outside using an overstitch.
Pronunciation: /ˌōvərˈstiCH /[with object] Back to top
- Sew with an overstitch.More example sentences
- It can be used for hems and also to overstitch other seams.
- Overstitching the fly facing to the trouser topside, so as to secure the lining jointly therewith.
More definitions of overstitchDefinition of overstitch in:
- The British & World English dictionary