- 1The superimposing of one printed character or one coin design on another.More example sentences
- Its primary purpose is to switch from insert mode to overstrike mode during text editing, and I never use overstrike mode.
- If we use absolute coordinates to place symbols on a map plotted for these scales, we often encounter symbology overstrike or, in layman's terms, an unreadable cartographic mess.
- Over the years, a few coins surfaced where one could easily see the overstrike of the 1/2 Balboa on a Kennedy Half Dollar.
- 1.1A coin showing one design superimposed on another.More example sentences
- Overstrike - a coin that instead of being struck on a blank planchlet was accidentally struck on a previously struck coin.
- This unusual coin is an overstrike - a coin of Arcadius made using an existing coin of Theodosius II instead of a fresh, blank flan.
More definitions of overstrikeDefinition of overstrike in:
- The British & World English dictionary