Pronunciation: /ˈōvərˌstədē /
- Excessive study.More example sentences
- Two cases of impaired intellect by overstudy were brought to public notice in this city yesterday.
- That's why he should simply understand what it means instead of confusing himself with overstudy.
Pronunciation: /ˌōvərˈstədē /Back to top
- Study too long or too intensely: if your child is a high achiever, but overstudies for fear of not receiving an A+,help her to gradually study a little lessMore example sentences
- If your child is a high achiever but overstudies so as not to receive less than an A+, help him or her gradually study a little less.
- Mechanisms that explain why students perform badly under stress include ‘hypervigilance’ (excessive alertness to a stressful situation resulting in panic - for example, overstudying for an exam).
More definitions of overstudyDefinition of overstudy in:
- The British & World English dictionary