- An antibiotic drug made by chemical modification of penicillin and used to treat bacterial infections.More example sentences
- Beta-lactam antibiotics include methicillin and other more common antibiotics such as oxacillin, penicillin and amoxicillin.
- A high proportion of these bacteria demonstrate resistance to multiple antibiotic medications, especially to methicillin and oxacillin.
- Dicloxacillin, oxacillin, first-generation cephalosporins, or amoxicillin-clavulanate are also acceptable alternatives.
More definitions of oxacillinDefinition of oxacillin in:
- The British & World English dictionary