Definition of oxalis in English:
A plant of a genus that includes the wood sorrel, typically having three-lobed leaves and white, yellow, or pink flowers.
- Genus Oxalis, family Oxalidaceae
- If possible, weed the unwanted oxalis in flower beds rather than use a herbicide, which may damage or kill your more desirable plants.
- This was the weedmat that defeated my oxalis and couch grass.
- Semi-tropical natives such as dahlias, gladioli, begonias, canna, caladium, elephant ears, oxalis and other tender summer-flowering bulbs will not make it through the winter outside of the warmest climate zones.
Definition of oxalis in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan