- 1A U-shaped bend in the course of a river.More example sentences
- But they work fine for most situations, and most species, in East Texas' sluggish rivers, bayous, oxbows and sloughs, too.
- Although vast numbers of the best big trees went to the sawmill early in the century, many survived, protected by a network of swamps and wild river oxbows.
- Arctic Village is an assembly of 40-odd spruce-log cabins that overlook the serpentine bends, oxbows, and channels of the East Fork.
- 2A U-shaped collar of an ox yoke.More example sentences
- A yoke is a heavy wooden frame or oxbow used to harness a team of oxen.
- It is held on the animals' necks by an oxbow, usually U-shaped, that also transmits force from the animals' shoulders.
More definitions of oxbowDefinition of oxbow in:
- The British & World English dictionary