- Supply, treat, charge, or enrich with oxygen: (as adjective oxygenated) a good supply of oxygenated bloodMore example sentences
- In obese patients, the workload of the heart is frequently increased by the strain of supplying oxygenated blood to all tissue.
- The left heart pumps oxygenated blood out to the systemic circulation.
- Since blood is oxygenated in the placenta, there is no need for pulmonary circulation and left sided pumping of blood.
- More example sentences
- The major risk is the reduction of arterial oxygenation, as oxygenation may not be fully re-established for several hours after injury.
- In some of these areas, ethanol is used for oxygenation.
- At this stage, oxygenation and haemodynamic and metabolic factors are crucial.
late 18th century: from French oxygéner 'supply with oxygen' + -ate3.
More definitions of oxygenateDefinition of oxygenate in:
- The British & World English dictionary