Definition of oxygenate in English:
Supply, treat, charge, or enrich with oxygen: (as adjective oxygenated) a good supply of oxygenated blood
More example sentences
- In obese patients, the workload of the heart is frequently increased by the strain of supplying oxygenated blood to all tissue.
- The left heart pumps oxygenated blood out to the systemic circulation.
- Since blood is oxygenated in the placenta, there is no need for pulmonary circulation and left sided pumping of blood.
- Example sentences
- The major risk is the reduction of arterial oxygenation, as oxygenation may not be fully re-established for several hours after injury.
- In some of these areas, ethanol is used for oxygenation.
- At this stage, oxygenation and haemodynamic and metabolic factors are crucial.
Definition of oxygenate in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan