- Of or denoting the secretory cells that produce hydrochloric acid in the main part of the stomach, or the glands that they compose.More example sentences
- Frequency of pancreatic acinar cells in oxyntic mucosa has not been investigated in adult patients.
- Based on the current observations, pancreatic acinar metaplasia can be regarded as a marker for autoimmune gastritis when found in the gastric oxyntic mucosa of adult patients.
- In our study, the histologic type of the inlet patch included oxyntic mucosa and cardiac mucosa, with oxyntic mucosa being the most common type.
late 19th century: from Greek oxunteos (verbal noun from oxunein 'sharpen') + -ic.
More definitions of oxynticDefinition of oxyntic in:
- The British & World English dictionary