Definition of ozonize in English:
verb[with object] (often as adjective ozonized)
1Convert (oxygen) into ozone.
- The electrical apparatus acts to ozonize (create ozone in) the air as well as to electrostatically precipitate dust.
- The present invention relates to an ozone generator used for an ozonizer and more particularly to an ozone generator that ozonizes oxygen in a space to which oxygen is introduced using silent discharge by high-frequency high voltage.
1.1Enrich or treat with ozone: ozonized air
More example sentences
- The ozonized gas and the fluid emerging from the radiation chamber are then combined to a separate collector vessel.
- Experimental results showed that the ozonizing process had an excellent de-color efficiency and could improve the biodegradability of wastewater.
- Example sentences
- Other methods of water treatment are ozonization, a process that uses bubbled-through water to kill bacteria and deactivate viruses; distillation; boiling; and iodization - all suitable only for small-scale purification.
- Disinfecting by ozonization or ultraviolet light methods are replacing chlorine in some water treatment plants, but are not yet readily available for home use.
- Example sentences
- Since disinfectants can leave unpleasant traces in water coolers and are difficult to apply, the best disinfection method is to use an ozonizer.
- Aquarium ozonizers use ozone, an unstable form of oxygen, which is a natural purifier due to its ability to oxidize everything, including pollutants and microbes, killing them with extreme efficiency.
Definition of ozonize in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan