Definition of pacer in English:
- Sallie was going to be the next pacer, so she got ready for her twenty mile loop.
- In my opinion you need to ask the pacer that you sign up with what his strategy is, as they often have different ideas about how to run the races, (and I am not disagreeing with Frank here, they are very experienced runners).
- That day the pacer Allaboard Jules ran third in yet another cheap race at New Jersey's Freehold Raceway, maybe earning $300, not enough to meet the blacksmith's bills.
2chiefly US A horse bred or trained to have a distinctive lateral gait in which both legs on the same side are lifted together, used in some types of racing.
- Pacing is faster than trotting, which is why pacers and trotters run separately in harness racing
- Now this weekend, the Inter Dominion harness racing championship winds up with the pacer's Grand Final, this year worth a record prize money of a million dollars.
- ‘It is a little less competitive with the trotters compared to pacers,’ she said.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan