A person who believes that war and violence are unjustifiable: she was a committed pacifist all her life
More example sentences
- In 1917, a mass movement led by socialists and pacifists called for a popular referendum on the question of going to war.
- The head of a major labor confederation made the same request, adding that they should all march not as pacifists but as peaceable people.
- In ‘Work to Do’ he speaks out for the pacifists of the anti-war movement.
adjectiveBack to top
- More example sentences
- The experiences of the liberal-democratic period can be used to prevent the re-emergence of these pacifistic illusions.
- The early Christian Church was pacifistic in nature.
- If we make our society too pacifistic, we may be unable to survive that sort of contact.