Definition of pacifist in English:
A person who believes that war and violence are unjustifiable: she was a committed pacifist all her life
More example sentences
- In 1917, a mass movement led by socialists and pacifists called for a popular referendum on the question of going to war.
- The head of a major labor confederation made the same request, adding that they should all march not as pacifists but as peaceable people.
- In ‘Work to Do’ he speaks out for the pacifists of the anti-war movement.
adjectiveBack to top
- Example sentences
- The experiences of the liberal-democratic period can be used to prevent the re-emergence of these pacifistic illusions.
- The early Christian Church was pacifistic in nature.
- If we make our society too pacifistic, we may be unable to survive that sort of contact.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan