Definition of pacifist in English:
A person who believes that war and violence are unjustifiable: she was a committed pacifist all her life
More example sentences
- In 1917, a mass movement led by socialists and pacifists called for a popular referendum on the question of going to war.
- The head of a major labor confederation made the same request, adding that they should all march not as pacifists but as peaceable people.
- In ‘Work to Do’ he speaks out for the pacifists of the anti-war movement.
adjectiveBack to top
- Example sentences
- I see the possible benefits of teaching kids to be as pacifistic as possible.
- By subscribing to this pacifistic, respectful philosophy and by being interested in teaching youth, they could bring a core program for at-risk youngsters into their local schools.
- He looks to be a well-educated, generous, and pacifistic gentlemen.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.