Definition of pacifist in English:
A person who believes that war and violence are unjustifiable: she was a committed pacifist all her life
More example sentences
- In 1917, a mass movement led by socialists and pacifists called for a popular referendum on the question of going to war.
- The head of a major labor confederation made the same request, adding that they should all march not as pacifists but as peaceable people.
- In ‘Work to Do’ he speaks out for the pacifists of the anti-war movement.
adjectiveBack to top
- Example sentences
- I see the possible benefits of teaching kids to be as pacifistic as possible.
- By subscribing to this pacifistic, respectful philosophy and by being interested in teaching youth, they could bring a core program for at-risk youngsters into their local schools.
- He looks to be a well-educated, generous, and pacifistic gentlemen.
Words that rhyme with pacifistsophist
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.