- The density of stored information in terms of bits per unit occupied of its storage medium.More example sentences
- The larger recording surface provided by the linear technology drives allows for greater storage capacities in linear products at equivalent data packing densities.
- The size of the particles also impacts density, since advances will need to provide higher bit packing densities and narrower track widths for shorter wavelength recording.
- As a result, the packing densities of the different data sets converge articulately.
More definitions of packing densityDefinition of packing density in:
- The British & World English dictionary