Definition of pademelon in English:
A small wallaby inhabiting the coastal scrub of Australia and New Guinea.
- Genus Thylogale, family Macropodidae: three species
- It is also my first chance to see the wonderfully unique wildlife here; kangaroos, wallabies, wombats, pademelons, possums, and various unique birds.
- At dusk pademelons and wallabies come out while sugar gliders float through the forest canopy.
- It is believed that predation by non-native red foxes was the primary reason for the extinction of the dusky pademelon on mainland Australia.
early 19th century (earlier as paddymelon): probably an alteration of Dharuk badimalion.
Definition of pademelon in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan