- A small wallaby inhabiting the coastal scrub of Australia and New Guinea.
More example sentences
- Genus Thylogale, family Macropodidae: three species
- It is also my first chance to see the wonderfully unique wildlife here; kangaroos, wallabies, wombats, pademelons, possums, and various unique birds.
- At dusk pademelons and wallabies come out while sugar gliders float through the forest canopy.
- It is believed that predation by non-native red foxes was the primary reason for the extinction of the dusky pademelon on mainland Australia.
early 19th century (earlier as paddymelon): probably an alteration of Dharuk badimalion.
More definitions of pademelonDefinition of pademelon in:
- The British & World English dictionary