noun (plural padrinos)
- 1A godfather or patron.More example sentences
- The great man was known as the patronus, or padrino in Italian, conventionally translated as ‘godfather’.
- Each person must go to her respective padrinos in search of directions.
- For example, consistent with the cultural value of familismo, Hispanics often rely on padrinos and members of the extended family for emotional and financial support.
- 1.1A best man at a wedding.More example sentences
- I have been asked to be Padrino (best man) at a young man's wedding that I have been helping.
- So a couple months ago, Mercy and I were asked by our friends Davíd and Dariza, to be the padrino and madrina in their wedding.
More definitions of padrinoDefinition of padrino in:
- The British & World English dictionary