Definition of pagination in English:
The sequence of numbers assigned to pages in a book or periodical.
- The section of notes, by the way, contains no references to the book's pagination, and it can be quite a struggle to find a note when you think you need one (which may or may not be there in the end).
- ‘Essentially, the decision to remove business as a stand alone section and put it inside the book was about reducing pagination costs,’ said Schmidtke.
- The present edition has been typeset afresh, with continuous pagination.
- Example sentences
- The Australian was printed in different state capitals but carefully designed and paginated in Sydney to look the same everywhere.
- The editor gets approval from his publisher and starts designing, editing, and paginating the newsletter.
- Despite all this, the teacher's edition is paginated just like the textbook, so the teacher and the students can understand each other when they talk about ‘the second to last paragraph on p.437.’
Definition of pagination in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.