- 1A brush for applying paint.More example sentences
- The artist's easel, paint box, palettes, paintbrushes and dried tubes of paint occupied a corner.
- We spread out old sheets on folding tables set up in the backyard, put out craft paints in all colors, sponge brushes and paintbrushes, and watched our budding Picassos.
- The new paintbrushes and brush sets are made with safe, seamless ferrules in a variety of sizes, which helps younger children learn to control their brushstrokes.
- 2 [with adjective] A North American plant that bears brightly colored flowering spikes with a brushlike appearance. See also devil's paintbrush.
More example sentences
- Genus Castilleja, family Scrophulariaceae: several species, including the Indian paintbrush(C. coccinea) . Also called painted cup
- The wetter areas support meadows containing Missouri goldenrod, false toadflax, golden-glow, Indian paintbrush, Mariposa lily, death camas, and prairie smoke.
- Now, gaudy flowers crowd the brooks - paintbrush, gentian, columbine.
- Among the common wildflowers are one-flowered cinquefoil, woolly lousewort, alpine willowherb, three saxifrages, and an Indian paintbrush.
More definitions of paintbrushDefinition of paintbrush in:
- The British & World English dictionary