noun (plural paise /-sā/)
- A monetary unit of Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, and Nepal, equal to one hundredth of a rupee.More example sentences
- It capitalized on the Lux-soap brand, and it cost less than any other sachet: just 50 paise compared with two rupees.
- It costs as little as fifty paise to a rupee or two depending on the brand and is available virtually everywhere, thanks to street vendors and roadside shops.
- The story now takes us into a flashback to show Seshadri Naidu as a hardworking canteen owner who sells roti-dal-buttermilk for a rupee - making just 10 paise profit.
from Hindi paisā.
More definitions of paisaDefinition of paisa in:
- The British & World English dictionary