Definition of paleoenvironment in English:
An environment prevailing at a particular time in the geological past.
- The Sirius Group is a complex sedimentary deposit of different geological age and palaeoenvironments in different parts of Antarctica.
- Two researchers studied the stratigraphy and paleoenvironments represented by the Silurian rocks of the Girvan district.
- By Early Permian time certain lagenides were adapted to cool water paleoenvironments, as evidenced by their occurrences in high paleolalitudes and even in glaciomarine basins.
- Example sentences
- These factors combine to make lacustrine sediments amenable to very high-resolution paleoenvironmental and paleoecological reconstruction.
- However, there are paleoenvironmental and taphonomic differences between the two.
- TRACE FOSSILS are important for revealing the diversity and paleoenvironmental distribution of arthropods in the fossil record.
Pronunciation: /-ˌvīrənˈmentl, -ˌvī(ə)rn-/adjective
Definition of paleoenvironment in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan