- Desiccated prehistoric fecal matter, especially from humans: sunflower-seed shells found in the paleofeces provide evidence that early American Indians in that region farmed the plants Compare with coprolite.More example sentences
- The rich record of food, diet, and nutrition packed into paleofeces cannot be equaled in other data bases.
- Results indicate that all 12 paleofeces were probably deposited by males whose diet included a variety of native crops and wild plants.
- More example sentences
- Secondly, the best and most comprehensive dietary evidence for the early horticultural period comes from the long series of human paleofecal and flotation derived remains in Salts Cave and Mammoth Cave, west central Kentucky.
- This potential is illustrated with a cluster analysis of paleofecal constituents from three late prehistoric period sites.
- Paleofecal material contains the most direct evidence available for prehistoric diet and nutrition in the form of undigested food remains consumed by specific individuals.