- The temperature or mean temperature of a locality at a time in the geological past.More example sentences
- In this Port Waikato example, samples successively closer to the modern coastline experienced progressively higher palaeotemperatures in the past.
- Palaeothermal data provide no evidence for elevated Palaeogene palaeotemperatures indicative of deeper burial, and thus question the basis of Palaeogene exhumation.
- He developed a means of inferring marine paleotemperatures over geologic time by measuring the oxygen isotope ratios of carbonates in marine sediments.
More definitions of paleotemperatureDefinition of paleotemperature in:
- The British & World English dictionary