- An off-speed pitch in which the ball is released from the palm and thumb rather than the fingers.More example sentences
- Saunders throws a version of the palm ball, with the ball resting in the back of his hand instead of being supported by fingers.
- In college and the minor leagues, Etherton's out pitch was a palm ball, which resembles a slow forkball because of the way it dives as it approaches the plate.
- He had a palm ball that batters couldn't hit, as well as good control.
More definitions of palm ballDefinition of palm ball in:
- The British & World English dictionary