Definition of palm squirrel in English:
An Old World squirrel that frequents palm trees, especially a tree squirrel with a striped back and a shrill, birdlike call.
- Genus Funambulus and other genera, family Sciuridae: several species, in particular the five-striped northern palm squirrel (F. pennanti), which is common in and around human habitation in northern India
- A stepwell was host not only to people but also to entire communities of bees, fish, lizards, palm squirrels, parrots, pigeons, and turtles.
- The stripes on the Palm Squirrel's back are explained by a Hindu legend.
- The African palm squirrels (genus Epixerus) are long-legged runners that forage only on the ground.
Definition of palm squirrel in:
- British & World English dictionary