- another term for palpus.More example sentences
- In successful matings, the time of the first palpal insertion and which palp was inserted were noted.
- Males were allowed only one palpal insertion with each mate as males are functionally sterile after each palp is used once, but sufficient sperm is transferred in a single copulation to fertilize all of the female's eggs.
- At each change of palp he re-enters the start position and takes hold of the gift with his chelicerae.
mid 19th century: from Latin palpus, literally 'feeler'.
More definitions of palpDefinition of palp in:
- The British & World English dictionary