- A technique for narrowing the aspect ratio of a widescreen movie to fit the squarer shape of a television screen by continuously selecting the portion of the original picture with the most significance, rather than just the middle portion.More example sentences
- Even in art house showings, the film was always in the pan and scan rather than the wide-screen release that I kept reading about.
- The picture is presented in both pan and scan full screen and widescreen 1.85: 1 aspect ratio enhanced for widescreen TVs.
- This edition includes both a pan and scan and a widescreen print of the film on the same disc.
More definitions of pan and scanDefinition of pan and scan in:
- The British & World English dictionary