Definition of panacea in English:
A solution or remedy for all difficulties or diseases: the panacea for all corporate ills the time-honored panacea, cod liver oil
More example sentences
- Many people in the United States think that screening is a panacea, a way of warding off disease and staying healthy perhaps forever.
- Furthermore, he said, it was not reasonable to expect the sauna to be a panacea for so many diseases.
- If those consumers think the drug industrial monopolists already charge too much for pills and panaceas, just wait until the privately patented and monopolized ‘stem cell cures’ hit the market…
- Example sentences
- It's a tale with a panacean, if twisted, appeal to single women as well.
- Among Oriental peoples the panacean use of Panax ginseng persists today as it has for centuries.
- After all, there is no panacean spend management solution, even though there are a number of platforms that cover different aspects of spend management.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia