noun (plural pancreatectomies)
- Surgical removal of the pancreas.More example sentences
- At our institution, radical proximal gastrectomy, splenectomy, partial pancreatectomy, left adrenalectomy, and retroperitoneal lymph node dissection were performed.
- Gross examination of the distal pancreatectomy surgical specimen received from the second patient revealed alternating firm and edematous areas in the distal 7.3 cm of the pancreas.
- Distal pancreatectomy with splenectomy was performed.
More definitions of pancreatectomyDefinition of pancreatectomy in:
- The British & World English dictionary