noun (plural pandowdies)North American
- A kind of spiced apple pie baked in a deep dish.More example sentences
- Grunts are cousins of all kinds of other fruit desserts with CRAZY names: cobblers, crisps, betties, clafoutis, pandowdies, buckles.
- From Canada to Texas, you will find a crisp, a crunch, a grunt, a brown betty, a buckle and even a pandowdy.
- Weil's recipes for unfussy summer desserts like easy blackberry cobbler, juicy peach pandowdy, and warm blueberry grunt leave no excuse for not taking advantage of summer fruit at its peak.
of unknown origin.
More definitions of pandowdyDefinition of pandowdy in:
- The British & World English dictionary