(also panne velvet)
- A lustrous fabric resembling velvet, made of silk or rayon and having a flattened pile.More example sentences
- The ensemble includes panne velvet cape with neck and belly strap, with attached leopard print collar and tie on pimp hat.
- Bodywrappers offers lightweight crushed (panne) velvet jazz pants and, if your school doesn't specify ‘black only,’ you may want to check out the hand-dyed jazz pants in lilac, royal, and white swirls from Watercolours.
- This dress, representative of the transition from 1920s to 1930s styles, is made of unlined panne velvet and is accompanied by a waist-length jacket of the same material.
late 18th century: from French, of unknown origin.
More definitions of panneDefinition of panne in:
- The British & World English dictionary