- 1An unbroken view of the whole region surrounding an observer: the tower offers a wonderful panorama of PragueMore example sentences
- As I climbed up onto the wall and took a seat, the sparkling panorama surrounding me took my breath away.
- This opens up a fine panorama of the surrounding hill country, with peak upon peak now in sight.
- Stairs in the kiosk led us up to a viewing platform that afforded us a wonderful panorama of the Mima prairie.
- 1.1A picture or photograph containing a wide view.More example sentences
- A photographic panorama including a view in the same direction as that in Spencer's ‘Poundfield, Cookham’ has been submitted in evidence by the Society.
- Not even the camera and its glass plate photography could compare with Holmes's panoramas drawn with such meticulous detail.
- The circle and arrow overlaid on the entrance portion of the Trout Cave map below shows the approximate camera location and initial direction of view for the panorama.
- 1.2A complete survey or presentation of a subject or sequence of events: the galleries will offer a full panorama of 20th-century artMore example sentences
- The final gallery in the museum is the largest, presenting a sweeping panorama of American art from about 1870 through 1910.
- If one surveys the panorama of today's international left, Allende's legacy occasionally flashes and flourishes.
- Also, attempts are being made to present a panorama from ‘Folk to Pop’ and music of all ages to enthral the audience.
late 18th century: from pan- 'all' + Greek horama 'view' (from horan 'see').