- A musical instrument made from a row of short pipes of varying length fixed together and played by blowing across the top.More example sentences
- The haunting sound of the large pan pipes, the melodious sound of the charango and the moving atmosphere created by the violin bring this diverse repertoire beautifully together.
- But then all these mandolins come in, and weird warbly flutes and recorders that I guess are trying to emulate South American pan pipes.
- There was a South American band busking, the type with the pan pipes, flutes and drums.
originally associated with the Greek rural god Pan.
More definitions of panpipesDefinition of panpipes in:
- The British & World English dictionary