- A vitamin of the B complex, found in rice, bran, and many other foods, and essential for the oxidation of fats and carbohydrates.More example sentences
- The B vitamins consist of thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, pyridoxine, folic acid, pantothenic acid, biotin, and cobalamin.
- Mushrooms have significant amounts of three B-complex vitamins - riboflavin, niacin, and pantothenic acid - particularly riboflavin.
- Vitamins C, B, folate, pantothenic acid and biotin are easily passed by the body and so need to be included in the daily diet.
1930s: pantothenic from Greek pantothen 'from every side' (with allusion to its widespread occurrence.).
More definitions of pantothenic acidDefinition of pantothenic acid in:
- The British & World English dictionary