- 1North American or • dated One’s father: [as name]: Papa had taught her to ride a bicycleMore example sentences
- Fannie remembered her papa talking about his brother Jack.
- Antonia de Vito's family in Italy is flooded out of their home in the 1950s, so they all pack their things to join papa in Edmonton.
- Mama is resting with papa and Jeanette is listening to the radio.
- 2A code word representing the letter P, used in radio communication.More example sentences
- Say you're in Fort Mason in Piedmont. Piedmont, being the city you're in, would come first, so Papa, then Fort Mason, so you would have Papa Foxtrot Mike, then its coordinates. So all together it would be: Papa Foxtrot Mike, 3s 15e.
- Papa November Nine, This is Papa November One, Go Ahead, Over!
late 17th century: from French, via late Latin from Greek papas.
More definitions of papaDefinition of papa in:
- The British & World English dictionary