- A person or thing that appears threatening but is ineffectual.More example sentences
- In the event, it turns out that the SEC has imposed no sanction of any material consequence, and is in danger of becoming a paper tiger under new chairman, Harvey Pitt.
- A general thrust of my argument is that the postmodern turn in anthropology threatens to be a paper tiger.
- All this activity generated little pressure on legislators, making Schwarzenegger look like a possible paper tiger, very popular with the public but not able to generate much pressure to move legislative votes.
More definitions of paper tigerDefinition of paper tiger in:
- The British & World English dictionary