Definition of paperwork in English:
1Routine work involving written documents such as forms, records, or letters: I need to catch up on some paperwork
More example sentences
- The whole scheme is designed to keep paperwork and bureaucracy to a minimum and I hope that between us we will do a better job in less time.
- The survey showed paperwork and bureaucracy as the biggest causes of stress for teachers and school managers.
- A high workload and masses of paperwork have been blamed for scores of dentists going private over the last decade.
1.1Written documents such as forms, records, or letters.
- So next week they will go through routine paperwork, sign up to a code of conduct and even get e-mail addresses.
- Campbell was also ruled to have distributed paperwork purporting to be internal party documents.
- Contractors returning to consultancy work should make sure they've got their paperwork in order.
Definition of paperwork in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan