- A dog of a toy breed with ears suggesting the form of a butterfly.More example sentences
- The dogs - a mongrel, a Labrador, a papillon and three cocker spaniels - identified their chosen sample by lying down next to it.
- Papillons are supposed to be absolutely wonderful companion dogs: friendly, smart, very driven to be helpful and interact with people.
- The Papillon is sometimes called the "butterfly dog" because the ears look like butterfly wings. He always has an alert and intelligent expression.
early 20th century: from French, literally 'butterfly', from Latin papilio(n-).
More definitions of papillonDefinition of papillon in:
- The British & World English dictionary