- A crystalline acid that is widely distributed in plant and animal tissue. It has been used to treat rickettsial infections and is widely used in suntan lotions and sunscreens to absorb ultraviolet light.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: NH2C6H4COOH
- Cyclodextrin can act as an efficient inhibitor of the photosensitized dimerization of thymine by para-aminobenzoic acid in aqueous solution.
- Some supplement manufacturers include herbs like black cohosh or nonessential nutrients like para-aminobenzoic acid in their multivitamins.
- Folic acid is composed of three primary structures, a hetero-bicyclic pteridine ring, para-aminobenzoic acid, and glutamic acid.
More definitions of para-aminobenzoic acidDefinition of para-aminobenzoic acid in:
- The British & World English dictionary