- Any of a group of compounds used as preservatives in pharmaceutical and cosmetic products and in the food industry.More example sentences
- Twenty breast tumours have been found to contain high concentrations of paraben, a chemical that mimics estrogen in the body.
- The family's common names follow the standard alkane hydrocarbon sequence: methyl paraben, ethyl paraben, propyl paraben, butyl paraben, etc.
- I have done a bit of homespun research of my own into this group of compounds, of which there are five: butyl, ethyl, isobutyl, methyl and propyl paraben.
1950s: from para-1 + (hydroxy)ben(zoic).
More definitions of parabenDefinition of paraben in:
- The British & World English dictionary