- Of, relating to, or denoting a hormone that has effect only in the vicinity of the gland secreting it.More example sentences
- It was suggested that beta-cell cAMP levels in islets are greater than those in dispersed cells due to the paracrine secretion of glucagon by islet a-cells, which was expected to increase release rate and lead to faster bursting.
- To assess the possible involvement of a paracrine mechanism, normal human keratinocytes were exposed to SSR and culture medium was collected 24 h later.
- Here, we systematically derive discrete models of cell-to-cell communication from a mechanistic description of autocrine and paracrine signaling in epithelial layers.
More definitions of paracrineDefinition of paracrine in:
- The British & World English dictionary