Definition of paradrop in English:
A descent or delivery by parachute.
- In December 1944, there was a successful paradrop of commandos in a forested mountainous terrain near Eifel who took control of advantageous grounds and mountain passes.
- In the chaos of the nighttime paradrop into Normandy, France, Easy Company, like its sister airborne units, is scattered far and wide across the enemy terrain.
- Beyond the intelligence obtained, Cadwalader wrote, perhaps the greatest accomplishment of Coldfeet ‘was to prove the practicality of paradrop and aerotriever recovery to conduct investigations in otherwise inaccessible areas.’
verb (paradrops, paradropping, paradropped)[with object] Back to top
Drop (someone or something) by parachute.
- It is important to note that up to 30 percent of an aggregate assault force can be airlifted and paradropped.
- There are reports that American troops will paradrop in - secure that area first.
- This makes it possible to conduct air assault operations in a local war and to paradrop operational and tactical assault forces.
- Example sentences
- Paradroppers have no weapons, and will rely on other forces to cover their drop.
- There is a paradrop plane the US uses, not sure wat it's called but i know it's prop-powered and has a big opening in the back for paradroppers to jump out.
Definition of paradrop in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.