- A disease caused by any of a group of viruses that resemble the influenza viruses.More example sentences
- Respiratory syncytial virus, parainfluenza, influenza, and adenovirus accounted for 21 CARV infections.
- In addition, illnesses with other etiologies such as parainfluenza, respiratory syncytial virus, adenovirus, allergies, and bacterial pneumonia can have symptoms similar to those of influenza.
- One of these viruses, parainfluenza, infects almost all children before they reach the age of 5, causing illnesses ranging from colds to pneumonia.
More definitions of parainfluenzaDefinition of parainfluenza in:
- The British & World English dictionary