Definition of parallelogram in English:
A four-sided plane rectilinear figure with opposite sides parallel.
- In the deformation, the parallelograms always remain parallelograms, because their opposite sides remain equal, but the angles change.
- Four congruent sides lie on two parallel lines, and pairs of these sides define parallelograms of equal area.
- His vertical stripes have been put onto a slant, and whittled down to slender triangles or widened into parallelograms or pyramids.
parallelogram of forces
- A parallelogram illustrating the theorem that if two forces acting at a point are represented in magnitude and direction by two sides of a parallelogram meeting at that point, their resultant is represented by the diagonal drawn from that point.Example sentences
- Parallelogram of Forces is the famous theorem that can be used to determine the resultant of two forces acting at a point.
- This caused a deflection, which if it be analyzed, both directions taken together would be found to be a parallelogram of forces.
Definition of parallelogram in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan