Definition of paraphilia in English:
A condition characterized by abnormal sexual desires, typically involving extreme or dangerous activities.
- A paraphilia is a condition in which a person's sexual arousal and gratification depend on fantasizing about and engaging in sexual behavior that is atypical and extreme.
- I guess I'm kind of a cat racist, though these comments are more on the level of sexual paraphilia.
- Pedophilia is the most commonly occurring form of paraphilia with an estimated 20% of American children having been sexually molested.
- Example sentences
- Another study led by Dr Gene Abel investigated the comorbidity rates of various paraphilic behaviors in a group of 859 male paraphiliacs.
- They point out that level of sex drive is not consistently related to the behavior of paraphiliacs and also high levels of circulating testosterone do not predispose a male to paraphilias.
- One hypothesis that might account for the existence of slash is simply that the women who write and read this erotic subgenre are, in some yet-to-be-determined way, psychosexually unusual - analogous, for example, to male paraphiliacs.
Pronunciation: /ˌperəˈfilēak/adjective& noun
Definition of paraphilia in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.