Paralysis of the legs and lower body, typically caused by spinal injury or disease.
More example sentences
- A spinal injury leading to paraplegia or quadriplegia could lead to an insurance company paying out between €5 million and €7 million.
- Paralysis can involve all four extremities, a condition called quadriplegia or tetraplegia, or only the lower body, resulting in paraplegia.
- Injuries to the lower spinal cord could cause paraplegia while injuries to the upper level could cause quadriplegia - completely immobilising a patient.
- More example sentences
- One half of the 26 men were paraplegic, and one half were quadriplegic.
- A male paraplegic who had experienced several ulcers and surgeries described the importance of ongoing skin assessment.
- Have scientists discovered a panacea that will not only cure some of mankind's most debilitating illnesses but also get paraplegics walking again?
Pronunciation: /-jik/adjective& noun
Definition of paraplegia in:
- The British & World English dictionary