Definition of parasagittal in English:
Relating to or situated in a plane adjacent or parallel to the plane that divides the body into right and left halves.
- One patient, a 74-year-old woman with AD, had thrombosis of her superior sagittal sinus producing bilateral parasagittal regions of extensive hemorrhagic necrosis.
- The distal radial expansion therefore restricts movement of the carpus on the antebrachium largely to the parasagittal plane.
- The degree of atrophy is much more profound in the parasagittal cortex, and is particularly severe in the frontal region of this hemisphere.
- parasagittally adverb
- Example sentences
- Girdle elements were measured parasagittally from the glenoid/acetabulum to the farthest anterior or posterior extent of each element.
- Further evidence of propaliny in Edaphosaurus is found on the wear facets of its teeth, which bear parasagittally aligned microstriations that are reminiscent of those reported by Rybczynski and Reisz for Suminia.
Definition of parasagittal in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.