Definition of parasitology in English:
The branch of biology or medicine concerned with the study of parasitic organisms.
- He has published several research articles on immunology, parasitology, and public health.
- Neurocysticercosis offers interesting perspectives for research in immunology and parasitology.
- As animal trypanosomes are easy to maintain in culture and multiply rapidly, they have evolved to become the models of researchers in the field of molecular parasitology and immunology.
- Example sentences
- These trends suggest that sulfadoxine-pyrimethamine efficacy may before long fall to unacceptable levels in Malawi, and the impact of increasing parasitological failure rates on anaemia is also of concern.
- Punch biopsies should be taken from the raised, indurated edge of cutaneous leishmaniasis lesions and sent fresh for microbiological and parasitological examination and in formalin for histopathological assessment.
- The clinical and parasitological outcomes of rectal artemether and intravenous quinine were similar.
- Example sentences
- When doubt remains, an experienced cytologist, pathologist, or parasitologist should review the smear.
- The specimen was then examined by parasitologists and pathologists, who determined the forms to represent ciliocytophthoria and not a ciliated protozoan.
- This text is one that will please the experienced pathologist and parasitologist, as well as being a comprehensive starting point for those entering the field.
Pronunciation: /ˌperəsəˈtäləjəst/ /ˌperəsīˈtäləjəst/noun
Words that rhyme with parasitologyanthropology, apology, archaeology (US archeology), astrology, biology, campanology, cardiology, chronology, climatology, cosmology, craniology, criminology, dermatology, ecology, embryology, entomology, epidemiology, etymology, geology, gynaecology (US gynecology), haematology (US hematology), hagiology, horology, hydrology, iconology, ideology, immunology, iridology, kidology, meteorology, methodology, musicology, mythology, necrology, neurology, numerology, oncology, ontology, ophthalmology, ornithology, pathology, pharmacology, phraseology, phrenology, physiology, psychology, radiology, reflexology, scatology, Scientology, seismology, semiology, sociology, symbology, tautology, technology, terminology, theology, topology, toxicology, urology, zoology • eulogy • energy • synergy • apogee • liturgy • lethargy
Definition of parasitology in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.