- 1The identity and origins of one’s parents: a boy of Jamaican parentageMore example sentences
- Well his background, his parentage and his ancestry was Jewish.
- In a smaller community, the members of a subculture - all four of them - would be known by name, background and parentage.
- Chiluba's parentage and educational background are both in dispute.
- 1.1The origin of something: this ice cream boasts American parentageMore example sentences
- In contrast, we quantified the activity of PDC in root tissues from a much larger number of tolerant and intolerant rice lines with a shared parentage.
- A company with French parentage runs the service.
- He slammed his fist down on the snooze button and brought into question its parentage.
late 15th century: from Old French.