verb[with object] (usually as adjective parenthesized)
- 1Put (a word, phrase, or clause) into parentheses: parenthesized clausesMore example sentences
- I recently read a book where every third sentence was parenthesized.
- Matched parenthesized atoms are automatically stored into special variables (called back references) identified by the symbol \ followed by a number.
- No matter how patronizing the comment parenthesized above may sound, it still proves mostly true: The EP shows a band still finding its strengths and developing its sound, unsure of its talent for cathartic drama.
- 1.1Insert as a parenthesis; express or state in parenthesis.More example sentences
- Anyhow, word games are a lot easier if you get to parenthesize letters.
More definitions of parenthesizeDefinition of parenthesize in:
- The British & World English dictionary