A Parisian girl or woman.
- These were respectable people: the shopkeepers, the small businessmen, war veterans wearing their medals, more of those Parisiennes with pugs, men in berets carrying symbolic baguettes.
- There were pothead hippies, in-line skaters, little old Parisiennes with pugs (admittedly not many).
- I must admit to having had a small chuckle at the TV pics of thousands of Parisiennes booing at the result.
(Especially of a girl or woman) Parisian.
- The drama selects scenes from famous operas and employs them to tell the story of a young Parisienne woman, and includes music from La Bohme and La Traviata among others.
- It has her musing about cormorants, nautical terms and charts, spiders, ecology, conquistadors and hats on Parisienne heads.
- The long, inward opening windows, are, however, very Parisienne.
Mid 17th century: French, feminine of parisien 'Parisian'.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of Parisienne in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.