Definition of parkland in English:
1Open land consisting of fields and scattered groups of trees.
- I wonder if a future U.S. President will open up national parklands to oil drilling.
- From here we progress northwards, meeting the outskirts of Milton Keynes the following day - more tidy gardens and open parklands than monstrosity - and have our first pub lunch at the appropriately named Barge Inn.
- We all want to be near the sandy beaches, overlooking treed gullies, gazing towards mountain backdrops, or within walking distances of rivers, creeks, treed parklands.
1.1US Land reserved for a public park.
- At every turn, they protest any use of the public parklands around them that upsets the bucolic feel of their community.
- The state government has announced it will purchase the $15 million waterfront industrial site and return it to public parkland.
- A parking space in York's Castle car park was turfed over today by campaigners who want the area below Clifford's Tower to become public parkland.
Definition of parkland in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.